Mercy's Certified Application Counselors are trained professionals, licensed with the State of Tennessee, who can assist consumers through each step of the application and enrollment process.
Their role is to help consumers understand their options and to be a fair, unbiased resource acting in the best interest of the consumer. They are not affiliated with any insurance company.
Here are some situations that they can help with:
- Understanding and completing an application including what each plan offers
- Explaining how tax credits could lower your monthly insurance payment (premium)
- Appealing the eligibility determination
- Filing for an exemption from the requirement to purchase coverage (some restrictions apply)
- Determining if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period